Jan 29, 2001 Issue #21
Northeastern discounter Ames Department Stores said it has signed a new three-year, $800 million financing pact with General Electric Capital Corp.The new financial package replaces an existing $650 million credit facility and increases the retailer's borrowing power by 23 percent.
- Expo Design Center comes to Chicago
- Gift show draws well
- Great Bay adds elegance to shades
- JCPenney to close 44 full-line stores
- Karastan adds 'area' to Ralph Lauren rugs
- KoSa to offer new enhanced color intensity
- Polo hires vet Haupt to accelerate growth
- Sferra debuts baby-only catalog
- Shaw adds accent
- Show excites vendors, buyers
- Spanish suppliers eye U.S.
- WestPoint, Glenoit pace industry