Jul 09, 2001 Issue #43
Approaching the final dips and turns in a roller coaster ride since taking control of WestPoint Stevens several years ago, chairman and ceo Holcombe Green Jr. is being stripped of his majority control of the major mill after a group of three banks seized more than 9.4 million shares of WestPoint stock after a Green-owned company defaulted on a $250 million loan.
- BBB culture remains 'central' to its success
- Brumlow Mills adds former Spartan execs
- Brumlow Mills to begin importing
- DuPont out of polyester staple biz
- Elrene signs celebrity chef for kitchen line
- Federated cautions Wall St.
- For the record
- Gehm joins CHF Inds. to lead bed, bath expansion
- GHF hangs hopes on Indian designer
- Growing Family Dollar posts record 3Q results
- HD names marketing dir.
- Hollander boosts bedding
- LFP lays off pillow exec
- LNT makes Schlaepfer first chief merch. officer
- Pendleton taps industry vet Johnson
- Regal to offer new rug category
- Restoration names new evp, coo
- Retail briefs
- Retail exec Widdess dies at 57
- Showtime has industry seeing red
- TFA, Ta-Bru form joint venture
- Todo es taps into power of the Internet