Jul 23, 2001 Issue #45
Value-driven retailers led the way again as the fastest-growing distribution channel to watch, as the slow economy continues to impact the retail environment. As consumers decide against purchases in apparel and luxury, they flock instead to the discounters for their everyday supplies, favoring the moderate price points instead.
- Business Briefs
- Carpenter covers Japan with deal
- For the record
- Former May exec Babcock dies
- HD helps consumers see value of window coverings
- Jo-Ann to slash 8% of workforce
- Kravet buys G.P. & J.
- LNT gets set for second half
- Orlick out as chairman, ceo at RLG
- Quaker hire signals home slant
- Ross Stores bring value concept to Carolinas
- Stein Mart's Torreyson gets industry send off
- Textile groups 'fired up' by proposed bedding bill
- Wal-Mart, Sam's Club shift responsibilities