Jan 28, 2002 Issue #21
As importing continues to occupy a more central role in the increasingly competitive area rug industry as a means of cutting production costs and stocking up on differentiated product, more suppliers are expanding their reach into untapped overseas countries.And so, area rugs from Asia, the Middle East and Europe were on display at the Atlanta International Area Rug Show ...
- CB2 passes test with three more units to open in '02
- Changes in store for Kmart after Ch. 11
- Crate & Barrel/Marimekko
- Gift show sparks retail reaction
- Hudson hopes for sales spike with full pillow
- Kmart suppliers feel impact of bankruptcy filing
- Maison & Objet offers toned down designs
- Messe Frankfurt offers Heimtextil invite to U.S.
- Mohawk heats up blanket market
- Noonoo names new president
- Novelty throws rally around sports
- Quaker Fabric debuts Kashwere
- Red light special for Kmart
- Retail briefs
- Shaw Rugs models new Kathy Ireland lineup
- Sphinx debuts Oasis handmade rugs
- SureFit covers Macy's with shop
- Veteran Tomchin plans next 'life'
- Windham, Gear coordinate on lineup