May 20, 2002 Issue #37
The growth of the quilt business not only hinges on the category's ability to keep price points at an affordable level but also on its look and style. There is no doubt that quilts have come a long way from the myriad collection of fabrics that made up the original quilts of yesteryear. Many point to catalogers for leading the way.
- American Pacific to add Dockers bedding
- Carol Smith leaves long legacy at Park B.
- Creative Home enters new categories
- Federated promotes Walker to vp post
- Federated sees more stores in its 'future'
- Fiber conference slated for this week
- Hanover focuses on core brands
- Hecht's to roll out new prototype
- Independent textiles group closes shop
- JCPenney revitalizes catalog, Internet biz
- Kohl's sees 1Q profits grow 40%
- Latex Foam rises from the ashes
- P'tex sees red with 1Q losses
- Retail briefs
- Sears 'lands' back in the catalog biz
- Stainmaster area rugs unveiled
- United Weavers inks deal for prints
- WPS realigns duties for Hoffman, Golden