Aug 12, 2002 Issue #48
Dennis Basso, who has built his reputation as a furrier and fashion designer to the rich and famous, is branching into home textiles. Basso has designed and will preview a collection of home fashions and bedding on Sept. 20 on cable television shopping channel QVC. All of the merchandise has been manufactured by Divatex.
- Keeton gets tapped by Spanish co.
- Liquidation of Beacon marks end of an era
- Macy's puts the push on embellished towel program
- Nautica expands bedding, towels
- P'tex focus on brands, consumer
- Peacock Alley shuts NY unit; plans new locale
- Retail Briefs
- Target Corp. launches Marshall Field's catalog
- Waites designer store closes its doors
- Wal-Mart fashions new image