Aug 11, 2003 Issue #46
For the beach towel category, the summer of 2003 was all wet — literally. Unusually cold and rainy weather throughout the nation rendered this one of the weakest summer selling seasons ever — with retail sales off from 8 to 10 percent in the approximately $135 million beach towel category.
- Clock ticks for retail picks
- Countdown to Pillowtex sell-off
- Croscill rocks into solid color towels
- Ikea gets in touch with its softer side
- Merchants: 'Everything must go...now'
- P/Kaufmann merges three divisions under Braemore
- Pillowtex begins wind down
- Retail briefs
- Retailers are suddenly just a little bit nicer
- SanFilippo joins HTT
- Seeing promise in orphaned bath rugs
- White goods rivals clean up quickly