Home & Textiles Today - September 29, 2003
Giving up some of the ground it gained in a long-running rally, Pier 1 Imports reported second-quarter profits fell by 16.5 percent, to $18.4 million from $22.1 million last year, squeezed by thinning margins and higher costs. Sales at the home furnishings specialty chain moved up by 4.
- Sleep Innov: new message
- All eyes on newest mega-Fortunoff entry
- Armani Casa brings bed to Bloomies Italian launch
- Hometex awards presented
- Shaw Living takes aim to be 'single-source'
- Yves Delorme translates look to table
- Faribault bows Ingeo at market
- Sears mart stands on its own
- Royal Vellux debut tells only part of WPS story
- Retail briefs
- Springs is busting out all over
- Pillowtex girds for lively auction
- PHI comfortable going well beyond 'just quilts'
- Sheridan USA taps Feiwel as design dir.
- New Karastan line fills price gap
- Ellison, Royal Doulton to produce bed, window
- CHF launches Kim Parker collection
- Avonhome's Style.Lab targets retailers