Jan 05, 2004 Issue #17
Lured by last-minute bargains, holiday shoppers finally flocked to the malls as they picked up last-minute presents, pushing same-store retail sales up by 3.9 percent during the fourth week of December. It was a big improvement over the lackluster increase of 2.9 percent recorded the week before, but still well beneath plan, according to Redbook Research.
- Aegean Apparel heads to the beach
- Hellenic relocates before market
- Merger gives Scripps 100 pct of TV shopping network
- P'tex veterans file lawsuit
- Retail Briefs
- Retailers look for Santa's gifts
- Senior execs depart, Richloom realigns
- Shaw inks deal with the Olsens
- Stressed mess in '04; all roads lead to home
- The look of luxe is in their eyes...