GLM unveils new website, logo, tagline
Retail Editor 1 -- Home Textiles Today, August 15, 2013
White Plains, NY - GLM has announced a corporate branding and positioning initiative that includes a new website, logo and tagline.
According to a company press release, the new tag line - "Global Lifestyle Markets" - and overall initiative reflect "the evolution and expansion of (GLM's) services, which extend beyond tradeshows to include consumer events and online resources."
"Because we touch all points of the supply chain, from product developers, designers, artisans and manufacturers, to retailers and consumers, GLM is uniquely positioned to support efficiencies in the flow of merchandise," said Charles McCurdy, GLM chairman and ceo. "GLM's new branding and positioning initiative speaks to the scope of our business, vision and capabilities, and highlights the lifestyle theme of our products."
A series of launches and acquisitions over the past two years have broadened GLM's offerings to nearly 30 events and product-sourcing tools. GLM is now categorizing its products within five new sectors, each representing targeted product/service categories and customer reach:
- Design & Home Lifestyle, featuring NY Now (formerly NYIGF), International Contemporary Furniture Fair, National Stationery Show and Creative & Lifestyle Arts;
- Sports & Active Lifestyle, featuring Surf Expo and The Boardroom;
- E-commerce, featuring the IR Events Group and the 365 suite of online resources;
- Product Development and Sourcing, featuring Artisan Resource, Source NY and Surtex;
- Luxury Lifestyle, featuring nine U.S. antique shows and Soiffer Haskin, GLM's private sale division.
GLM also has re-launched its corporate website under the URL www.glmmarkets.com (formerly glmshows.com).
Designed by U.K.-based Jason West Associates, Ltd., the website features a prominent GLM logo, new color palette and enhanced navigation and imagery. In addition, the new website provides comprehensive information - including company history, core values, industry recognition, press releases, executive biographies, career opportunities and links to show-specific websites and contacts - for customers, media, potential business partners and prospective employees. Direct access to GLM's social media accounts on Twitter and LinkedIn is also available.
Mednick Talks to HTT about Online Trends for Textiles