NYIGF to offer hefty lineup of seminars, events
October 26, 2012-- Home Textiles Today,
White Plains, NY - The winter 2013 New York International Gift Fair in January will host more than 40 educational seminars, special events, displays and product awards.
The Fair is scheduled for Jan. 26- 30 at New York City's Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Passenger Ship Terminal Piers 92 and 94.
Education begins in advance of the market, with a free "NYIGF Orientation" webinar on Jan. 10 at 2 p.m. The session will offer an online tutorial of NYIGF's layout and set-up, as well as general tips for first-time visitors.
Sessions during the show will explore color, design and directional trends, with confirmed seminars including:
- "Fashion Forward - How Apparel Trends Impact Home Design" on Jan. 26;
- "Color Pulse 2014: From Theory to Selection," sponsored by IFDA, on Jan. 28;
- "Made in America - A Catalyst for Innovation in Sustainability" on Jan. 28;
- "Visual Merchandising - In-Store and Online" on Jan. 28;
- "Design Concept to Market: A Holistic Approach for Success" on Jan. 29.
The show will also navigate the social media world:
- "Using Digital Marketing Tools to Promote In-Store Events" on Jan. 26;
- "Social Media Marketing Made Simple" on Jan. 26;
- "Social Media Tune-Up: An Interactive Assessment of Your Strategy," followed by individual consultations with seminar participants on Jan. 27;
- "Get In with the ‘Pin-Crowd': Using Pinterest to Grow Your Business & Connect With Your Customers" on Jan. 28.
A special seminar track complements the return of the Artisan Resource, a new semi-annual tradeshow running concurrently with NYIGF that offers U.S.-based volume importers, direct import retailers and wholesalers the opportunity to meet with international artisanal producers:
- "Importing 101" on Jan. 27, 28 and 29;
- "Opportunities in the Global Handmade Marketplace" on Jan. 29.
Among the special events planned during the run of the show:
- Artisan Resource's opening day welcome reception at Pier 92 on Jan. 26;
- At Home opening day welcome reception on Pier 94 on Jan. 26;
- Baby & Child opening day hot cocoa break on Jan. 27;
- Gift For Life's 21st Anniversary "Party for Life" Fundraiser at the Central Park Boathouse on Jan. 27;
- NYIGF's "Night on Broadway" featuring specially-priced tickets for Disney's "Newsies" on Jan. 28.
- The 2013 Housewares Design Awards Gala & Ceremony at the Marriott Marquis on Jan. 29.
Other special features include: the return of the NYIGF Bookstore, sponsored by Artisan, a division of Workman Publishing; the "SustainAbility: Design for a Better World" display; and the introduction of a new NYIGF Design Project showcase.
Details about the full slate of seminars and special events are available at www.nyigf.com/programs.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Live from Heimtextil: All About Sustainability