NYIGF to offer hefty lineup of seminars, events
October 26, 2012,
White Plains, NY - The winter 2013 New York International Gift Fair in January will host more than 40 educational seminars, special events, displays and product awards.
The Fair is scheduled for Jan. 26- 30 at New York City's Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Passenger Ship Terminal Piers 92 and 94.
Sessions during the show will explore color, design and directional trends, with confirmed seminars including:
- "Fashion Forward - How Apparel Trends Impact Home Design" on Jan. 26;
- "Color Pulse 2014: From Theory to Selection," sponsored by IFDA, on Jan. 28;
- "Made in America - A Catalyst for Innovation in Sustainability" on Jan. 28;
- "Visual Merchandising - In-Store and Online" on Jan. 28;
- "Design Concept to Market: A Holistic Approach for Success" on Jan. 29.
The show will also navigate the social media world:
- "Using Digital Marketing Tools to Promote In-Store Events" on Jan. 26;
- "Social Media Marketing Made Simple" on Jan. 26;
- "Social Media Tune-Up: An Interactive Assessment of Your Strategy," followed by individual consultations with seminar participants on Jan. 27;
- "Get In with the ‘Pin-Crowd': Using Pinterest to Grow Your Business & Connect With Your Customers" on Jan. 28.
A special seminar track complements the return of the Artisan Resource, a new semi-annual tradeshow running concurrently with NYIGF that offers U.S.-based volume importers, direct import retailers and wholesalers the opportunity to meet with international artisanal producers:
- "Importing 101" on Jan. 27, 28 and 29;
- "Opportunities in the Global Handmade Marketplace" on Jan. 29.
Among the special events planned during the run of the show:
- Artisan Resource's opening day welcome reception at Pier 92 on Jan. 26;
- At Home opening day welcome reception on Pier 94 on Jan. 26;
- Baby & Child opening day hot cocoa break on Jan. 27;
- Gift For Life's 21st Anniversary "Party for Life" Fundraiser at the Central Park Boathouse on Jan. 27;
- NYIGF's "Night on Broadway" featuring specially-priced tickets for Disney's "Newsies" on Jan. 28.
- The 2013 Housewares Design Awards Gala & Ceremony at the Marriott Marquis on Jan. 29.
Other special features include: the return of the NYIGF Bookstore, sponsored by Artisan, a division of Workman Publishing; the "SustainAbility: Design for a Better World" display; and the introduction of a new NYIGF Design Project showcase.
Details about the full slate of seminars and special events are available at www.nyigf.com/programs.
Related Content By Author
Vegas Performing with PureCare's Lonnie Scheps