WithIt moves WOW Awards to Las Vegas
Retail Editor 4 -- Home Textiles Today, July 16, 2012
Greensboro, N.C. - WithIt says it's looking forward to a "new venue, new occasion, new buzz" as it moves its annual WOW Awards presentation to Las Vegas, on the eve of the winter Las Vegas Market.
The awards, which previously had been presented in conjunction with WithIt's annual professional conference each summer, will be bestowed on Sunday, Jan. 27, at the World Market Center in Las Vegas.
WOW Awards honor the commitment, achievement, leadership potential and service of home furnishings leaders, as chosen by the women's leadership development organization. Awards are presented in five categories, in addition to a President's Award.
"WithIt is pleased to add new excitement to our acclaimed WOW Awards," said WithIt President Julia Rosien of SocialNorth.com. "By moving the program to coincide with the Las Vegas Market, we recognize our association's growth in the Western region as well as the opportunity to reach new audiences by aligning with a bustling international market."
"World Market Center is pleased to host the 2013 WOW Awards," said Robert Maricich, CEO of International Market Centers, which owns the World Market Center and other showroom operations. "Our leading campus is a fitting stage for honoring individuals who foster leadership development in all industry-related fields and at all career levels."
In lieu of a 2012 awards presentation at the upcoming annual education conference, to run Aug. 14-16 in Raleigh, N.C., WithIt will offer "Life Is a Highway," a Las Vegas-themed networking reception, dinner and silent auction.
WithIt members and non-members can nominate an industry professional or business for the awards. The nomination deadline is Aug. 20, and more information and the nomination form are available at www.withit.org.
Nominations can be made in the following categories.
- Legacy Award: For a woman of achievement who has made significant lifetime contributions to the home furnishings industry.
- Mentoring Award: For an executive or organization that has fostered advocacy, development or promotion of women in their company.
- Education Award: For an executive or company that has developed programs to educate associates, retailers or consumers about home furnishings.
- Leadership Award: For a woman 40 or over who has demonstrated successful leadership in her company, in WithIt, and/or in the home furnishings industry.
- Future Leader Award: For a woman 40 or under who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and the potential to become an industry leader.
Mednick Talks to HTT about Online Trends for Textiles