7W Plans Gift Week Events
June 9, 2011-- Home Textiles Today,
NEW YORK - Showroom building 7 W New York has an array of activities planned for Gift & Home Textiles Market Week, which takes place Aug. 12-18.
• Shop 7 W First on Friday, Friday, Aug. 12
The first day of the show features promotions and extras specifically designed for early bird buyers, including gift bags and showroom specials.
• 60th Annual Retailer Excellence Awards,Sunday, Aug. 14, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Attendees are invited to join HTT sister publication Gifts & Decorative Accessories in celebrating the 60th Annual Retailer Excellence Awards The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers. Finalists will be recognized, retail category winners will be announced and special recognition awards will be presented. As part of the evening, Gift For Life, the gift and home industry's only charitable organization, will present its 2011 Industry Achievement Award to Michael Aram. In addition, the Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to 7 W's Su Hilty, who will be retiring this summer after a 40-year career.
Tickets are $150 each and available through www.giftsanddec. com.
• Summer Showtime Tropical Cruise, Monday, Aug. 15, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
7 W showrooms will sport a cruise theme during an evening of late night shopping with food, drink, and entertainment.
• Chart Your Course, Daily Buyers who use the 7 W Showroom Map Postcard to shop participating showrooms can present their card to the showroom for a stamp and turn it in before leaving 7 W. A minimum of six stamps gains entry into the 7 W drawing for a chance to win a mini-computer.
• Showroom Spotlight, Daily Buyers can check out the Spotlight Board upon entering the building for each day's special events.
• Only in NYCFriday, Aug. 12 - Thursday, Aug. 18)
Market-goers can enjoy free admission to the Museum of Arts & Design (at 59th St. and Broadway) during Market Week with their summer 2011 badge, compliments of NYIGF, 7 W New York, 41 Madison and 230 Fifth Avenue. Exhibits on view will include: Otherworldly: Optical Delusions and Small Realities; Stephen Burks | Are You A Hybrid?; and A Bit of Clay on the Skin: New Ceramic Jewelry. www.madmuseum.org
For more information, visit www.7wnewyork.com.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Online Moves From Afterthought To Main Thought For Textiles Suppliers