American Textile Company in expansion mode
September 7, 2010-- Home Textiles Today,
Pittsburgh - American Textile Company is expanding its operations aggressively, adding to its R&D with a newly hired team of industry experts and heading into the New York Home Fashions Market with what one executive described as the most robust product offering in the company's 85-year history.
"We are charting our own course," said Blake Ruttenberg, evp, sales and marketing. "We're exploring channel expansion. We're exploring category expansion."
The company has opened an office in Davidson, N.C., that will be the focus of all technological-related product development. Located about 17 miles north of Charlotte, the facility is staffed by a bevy of new appointments:
- Jane Fischer, vp, product development, brings over 20 years of industry experience in product development. Fischer will be responsible for setting strategy and direction for the product development team.
- Noreen O'Reilly, director, product development, also with more than two decades in the industry, will be responsible for the development, marketing and management of all new product introductions.
- Shannon Hughes, sr. product technical manager, has more than 15 years of experience in product innovation and engineering. Hughes will be responsible for providing technical direction for the development and design of new products and product specifications for the entire portfolio.
- Mette Odom, vp, marketing, has more than 20 years in the industry and will be responsible for setting strategy and direction for the marketing department.
- Monica Bush, marketing communications manager, brings over 10 years of experience in marketing communications for various industries. Bush will be responsible for overseeing brand development and communications for Aller-Ease, Rest Right, and all future licensing and brand initiatives.
- David Templeton, national account manager, brings over 18 years of industry experience in sales and merchandising. He will be responsible for managing and growing key retail accounts across the United States.
"This is the unveiling of a new company for a new time," said Ruttenberg, who added the new team will help "elevate our products and our company to the next level."
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Live from New York Textiles Market: Day 3