NPD Shares Home Fashions Facts
January 31, 2012-- Home Textiles Today,
PORT WASHINGTON, N.Y. - Consumer and retail research firm The NPD Group released a list of interesting - and fun - facts it discovered about the home fashions industry over 2011.
Dubbed "Home for the Holidays: The NPD Group Reports - What You Didn't Know About Home Fashions," the list comprises seven findings garnered between December 2010 through November 2011 via NPD Group's Consumer Tracking Service.
Here's what NPD found:
• Nearly 10% of home fashions dollar sales came from online purchases in the 12 months ending November 2011;
• More dollars were spent on placemats than tablecloths;
• Most tablecloths sold had a pattern or print;
• Among kitchen and dining home fashions purchased for a special occasion, the majority were for Christmas or Hanukkah;
• White is the top selling color of bedding;
• Most bedding sold is 100% cotton;
• More than 85% of home fashions were purchased by women.
Related Content By Author
Politics & Percale at the New York Home Fashions Market