JCP rolls out in-store digital kiosks to more than 120 units
February 7, 2011-- Home Textiles Today,
Plano, Texas - JCPenney is continuing to align its in-store segment more closely with its rapidly growing online business with the recent roll out its "findmore" smart fixture to more than 120 select units across the country.
Additionally, in conjunction with the launch of its Modern Bride concept, JCP also will begin rolling out a "findmore" experience using iPad to 50 fine jewelry departments.
The company explained these new initiatives are part of the department store chain's "overall ‘findmore' strategy, which encourages store associates and customers - whether using the fixture, iPad, jcp.com enabled point-of-sale register or in-store marketing pieces - to find more by providing access to the expanded assortments and product information available on jcp.com."
Access to jcp.com within its stores "ensures that customers find what they are looking for when they visit a JCPenney store and also serves as an associate selling and education tool," the company added.
"We've always seen the value of integrating the online and in-store shopping experience offering customers the opportunity to have access to a greater merchandise selection by offering access to online purchases in the stores," said Tom Nealon, JCP group evp.
The "findmore" fixture makes it possible for JCP to take its digital platform directly into the store. "More than just a kiosk linking store users to jcp.com's 250,000 online products," the retailer noted, the 42-inch touch-screen "findmore" smart fixture is designed to give shoppers an interactive digital experience "that naturally fits into the store" and works as "an anchor for the merchandise department."
The kiosk allows users to:
- View jcp.com's assortment of merchandise, including additional sizes, colors, styles and items not available - or out of stock - in the store, and track availability of specific items;
- Access jcp.com within the store;
- E-mail images and information about an online item to themselves or a friend;
- Use 360-degree views and zoom features to see all details of a product;
- Scan the barcode of an in-store item to learn more about the product's features, additional colors and sizes available, and even washing instructions.
- Read product recommendations for complementary or matching items.
- Purchase online items from the findmore fixture and have them shipped to their home. Items can also be shipped for free to the local JCPenney store. Customers can also print out a receipt and purchase an online item at an in-store register, with the rest of their in-store purchases
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Live from Intertextile in Shanghai