Macy's brings back 24-hour shopping at 14 stores, extends hours at additional locations
December 20, 2010,
New York - For 83 straight hours, from 7 a.m. Dec. 21 to 6 p.m. Dec. 24 - 14 Macy's stores - seven of them in New York and New Jersey- will be open for business to accommodate last-minute holiday gift shoppers.
Additionally, the department store is offering extended hours til 2 a.m. at nine of its units - five of them in the New York/New Jersey region.
The retailer said it "goes the distance" in customer service and convenience for its shoppers by offering these extended hours.
"By being open 24 hours at 14 key city locations and extending store hours at another nine, lastminute shoppers get extra time to shop and the added bonus of shorter lines, less crowds, and for those high traffic locations, the ease of parking," explained Ron Klein, chief stores officer. "Our stores are destinations in cities and malls across the country, and by reworking our schedule to fit shoppers' needs, we feel we are making the holidays less hectic and more enjoyable for both our customers and associates."
The 14 stores open 24 hours this week are:
- Macy's Herald Square, New York, N.Y.
- Macy's at Queens Center Mall, Rego Park, N.Y.
- Macy's at Staten Island Mall, Staten Island, N.Y.
- Macy's at Roosevelt Field Mall, Garden City, N.Y.
- Macy's Cross County, Yonkers, N.Y.
- Macy's at Willowbrook Mall, N.J.
- Macy's Tyson's Corner, McLean, Va .
- Macy's Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill, N.J.
- Macy's Woodfield, Schaumburg, Ill.
- Macy's Oakland, Troy, Mich.
- Macy's Twelve Oaks, Novi, Mich.
- Macy's Rosedale, Rosedale, Minn.
- Macy's Oakbrook, Ill.
- Macy's Orland Square, Ill.
The nine Macy's stores open til 2 a.m. through Christmas Eve are:
- Macy's Kings Plaza, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Macy's at Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, N.Y.
- Macy's Menlo Park Mall, Menlo Park, N.J .
- Macy's at Newport Centre, Jersey City, N.J.
- Macy's Palisades, West Nyack, N.Y.
- Macy's Downey Stonewood Center, Downey, Calif.
- Macy's Glendale Galleria, Glendale, Calif.
- Macy's Northridge Fashion Center, Northridge, Calif.
- Macy's South Shore Plaza, Braintree, Mass.
Related Content By Author
Live From New York: Fashion Comes Across the Pond
Home & Textiles Today eDaily
Most Viewed Articles
See the September 2017 issue of Home & Textiles Today. In this issue, we look at the Attack of the Killer Third Tier: Monster off-pricers are climbing to the top of the food chain, plus New Products: 40 pages of new products debuting at the New York Home Fashions Market; Home Stores: TJX unveils first U.S. HomeSense store; Clicks to Bricks: Boll & Branch moves from digital to physical retailing; and much more...