Nourison, Kathy Ireland to launch new collection
July 10, 2013,
Saddle Brook, NJ - Nourison and Kathy Ireland Worldwide are set to unveil the new Kathy Ireland Home collections of rugs and decorative accessories this week during the Atlanta International Area Rug Market.
Featuring inspired designs, color palettes, textures and special finishes, these durable floor coverings and decorative pillows are designed to make home decorating "fun, easy and an expression of individuality without compromising the family budget," the companies noted.
Added Alex Peykar, principal, Nourison: "Kathy is well known all around the world as a trend maker and her brand is one of the most recognizable names in the industry."
Kathy Ireland Home by Nourison includes the following rug collections:
- Hollywood Shimmer, a group of power loom-woven, lush wool blends with silk highlights in an array of designs and color palettes.
- The Santa Barbara, a trend-setting shag assortment with a sense of informal elegance and cozy intimacy, made from 100% polypropylene and power loom woven for durability and easy maintenance.
- Bel Air, a collection of power-loomed area rugs highlighted with silk-like, cut-pile polypropylene on velvet-like, flat-woven chenille.
- Palisades, an assortment of area rugs fabricated with a dense cut and loop pile for added texture.
- Villa Retreat, a power-loomed collection of designs revealed in ornamental color palettes with attention-to-detail, including a high/low texture, cut pile motifs on soft, flat woven, chenille grounds and hand carving.
- Lumière, a power-loomed collection featuring bordered, time-honored Persian motifs, embellished with arabesques, flowers and flourishes, and made of 100% New Zealand hard-twist wool.
Kathy Ireland Home by Nourison also includes a collection of decorative pillows featuring an expansive array of designs, fabrics, finishes, color palettes and decorative techniques, including prints-on-raw silk, beading, sequins, embroidery, hair-on-hide, metallic yarns, gemstones, and gold foil.
Related Content By Author
Live From New York: Fashion Comes Across the Pond
Home & Textiles Today eDaily
Most Viewed Articles
See the September 2017 issue of Home & Textiles Today. In this issue, we look at the Attack of the Killer Third Tier: Monster off-pricers are climbing to the top of the food chain, plus New Products: 40 pages of new products debuting at the New York Home Fashions Market; Home Stores: TJX unveils first U.S. HomeSense store; Clicks to Bricks: Boll & Branch moves from digital to physical retailing; and much more...