NYIGF Announces Best New Products in Home Textiles
September 12, 2011-- Home Textiles Today,
NEW YORK - A pillow from Aalamwaar Textiles' Tranquility collection was named the best new home textiles product at the New York International Gift Fair, and five other companies were awarded with having the best product introductions in their categories.
|From left to right: Kristen Hamilton, At Home sales representative
and Christian Falkenberg, GLM vp and NYIGF show manager
present the awards to the summer 2011 Home Textiles Market
Week winners: Liz Rapelye, director of marketing and public
relations, Sferra; Jenny Haik, designer and owner of Scents and
Feel; Alicia Adams, owner of Alicia Adams Alpaca; Mareike Fink,
public relations and marketing manager of Blissliving Home; and
Diane Crocker, sales executive of Blissliving Home.|
Aalamwaar, based in Tarpon Springs, Fla., won the top award for the Mandela pillow, a silk piece that was brushed and block-printed by hand. Category winners were:
• Winner: SFERRA (Edison, N.J.) for Utopia Down Collection, with ivory German silk jacquard shell filled with Icelandic Eider down, offered in light, medium and heavy weights;
• Finalist: Cuddledown (Portland, Maine) for North American Exclusive 1,000 Fill Power Comforter;
• Finalist: Libeco Home (New York) for Georgetown Quilted Coverlet. Bath
• Winner: Scents & Feel (Miami) for Fouta & Guest Towel Hemingbone with stripes, a natural cotton set produced in two colors;
• Finalist: Matteo (Los Angeles) for Vintage Stripes Collection;
• Finalist: Qi Cashmere (New York) for Lansing Robe.
• Winner: Blissliving Home (Rockville, Md.) for Mendoza Slate Placemats, featuring gold sequins and embroidery that shimmers across the rectangular linen;
• Finalist: Pehuen (West New York, N.J.) for Raw Silk Placemat;
• Finalist: Sferra (Edison, N.J.) for Festival 101 Colors.
• Winner: Alicia Adams Alpaca (Stanfordville, N.Y.) for Links Wrap, hand-looped with baby alpaca, and available in ivory, taupe, light gray and charcoal colors;
• Finalist: Libeco Home (New York) for Flagstaff blanket and pillows;
• Finalist: V Rugs & Home (Miami) for Cotton Straw Pillow.
The panel of judges included: Jennifer Marks, Editor-in-Chief, Home Textiles Today; Jenny Heinzen York, Editor-in-Chief, Home Accents Today; David Gill, senior editor, HFN; Wanda Jankowski, Editor- in-Chief, LDB; and Catherine Davis, senior style editor, Veranda.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Explore Latest Business Trends at Heimtextil