Keeping up With Branded Lines
September 3, 2010-- Home Textiles Today,
"The announcement that the Kardashian sisters will launch a branded line of apparel, home and accessories served as a reminder that ‘anything can be a brand extension.'"
LAST WEEK'S announcement that the Kardashian sisters will launch a branded line of apparel, home and accessories not only signaled the inevitable mash-up of reality TV with the celebrity branding trend, it served as a reminder of the "anything can be a brand extension" nature of licensing these days.
In review, here are the home textiles brands unveiled or announced since March:
• Arm and Hammer (utility bedding) - London Luxury
• Alexander Julian (bedding) - AQ Textiles
• BeautyRest Black (utility bedding) - Louisville Bedding
• Carribean Joe (bed, bath, kitchen) - West- Point Home
• Collier Campbell (bedding) - Li & Fung
• Conde Nast Archives (beach) - Home Source Intl
• Court of Versailles (utility bedding) - Hollander
• Dereon/House of Dereon (fashion bedding) - Arrow Home Fashions
• Diane von Furstenburg (bed and bath) - Springs
• Diesel Home (bed and bath) - House Source Intl.
• Eddie Bauer (utility bedding) - Down Lite
• Elizabeth Arden (bed and bath) - London Luxury
• Good Housekeeping (utility bedding) - Down Lite
• Hanes (bed and bath) - WestPoint Home
• HGTV (bed and window) -Victorira Classics
• HGTV (bath accessories) - Ginsey
• Homedics (utility bedding) - Hollander
• Iman Home (fabric) - P/K Lifestyles
• Kate Spade (bed and bath) CHF
• N Natori (bedding and accessories) - JLA
• Lenox (bedding) - Suntex
• Mark Ecko (bed and bath) - CHF
• Portico (utility bedding) - United Feather & Down
• Teen Vogue (bedding) - Idea Nouva
• Trina Turk (bedding) - Peking Handicraft
• Vera (bath) - Bardwil
• Waterworks (bed & bath) - Springs
That's quite a bit for retailers to sort through, and as New York Home Fashions Market approaches next month, there will surely be more to come.
In the case of the Kardashians, their branding partner - Aussie designer Bruno Schiave - is no stranger to celebrity branding. His collection of athletic apparel inspired by the reality weigh loss show "The Biggest Loser" arrives in stores this fall. He has partnered with Janet Jackson, Priscilla Presley, "Dr90210" reality TV star and plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Rey, and Australian singer/ actress Delta Goodrem. Your move, Snooki.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Day Two from Intertextile Shanghai