Denali Home Collection by Monterey Mills Announces Contest Winners
Home & Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, April 16, 2013
JANESVILLE, WIS.- Denali Home Collection by Monterey Mills, a supplier of knitted pile fabrics, has announced its winners for the Second Annual Design-A-Throw Contest.
The Grand Prize of $1,000 was awarded to Hannah Reidy (University of Massachusetts- Dartmouth) for her design "Sea of Dreams."
Nine prizes were awarded in this year's competition: one Grand Prize, three 2nd Place, and five 3rd Place, almost double last year. In all, $3,500 in prizes were awarded to students this year, and $2,500 in scholarship funds were donated to participating schools. Prizes were awarded to the following students:
• Hannah Reidy, 1st Place, $1,000, University of Mass. - Dartmouth
• Melinda Thiedig , 2nd Place, $500 , Stephens College
• Benazir Torres, 3rd Place, $500, Savannah College of Art & Design
• Lindsay Ducey, 4th Place , $500, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
• Morgan Bregitzer, 5th Place, $200, Central Michigan University
• Anna Hall, 6th Place, $200, North Carolina State University
• Abigail Decker, 7th Place , $200, Syracuse University
• Samantha Burdett, 8th Place, $200, North Carolina State University
• Vicki Good, 9th Place, $200, Central Michigan University
Students from eight colleges and universities across the country participated in the opportunity to design a throw, adding to Denali's 2014 collection.
"Our goal was to utilize the talents of students to develop new designs into the line. We were not only overwhelmed by the response from numerous design schools that participated but also amazed at the level of creativity," said Daniel Sinykin, president and ceo.
The company is already working on the patterns submitted and has announced the fall 2013 Design-A-Throw Contest will be centered on the themes of Nautical and Hunting. Information can be found on the website at www.designathrow.com.
Celebrity Branding at NY Home Fashions Market