Americasmart Establishes First Home & Rug Floor
October 25, 2012,
"Retailers coming to market now want to see products across a wide variety of merchandise classifications. Their stores are increasingly carrying multiple product categories, so the one-stop approach reflects what they come to markets for," said Jeffrey L. Portman, president and coo of AMC, the parent company of Americasmart Atlanta. "We saw that with the combining of the Gift and Home market dates with the rug show dates, and now organizing the market along these lines is the logical next step."
Americasmart also has announced a series of new leasing activity.
Following are some of the notable moves for January 2013:
• Currey & Company will nearly double the size of its Building 1, Floor 14 showroom. Best known for lighting products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, table lamps and floor lamps, Currey & Company also sells interior furniture, garden furniture and accessories and has recently launched an area rug line to be prominently displayed in their expanded showroom.
• Surya, specializing in area rugs and home accessories, will move to Building 1, Floor 11, adding a broader dimension to this home accents and furnishings floor. Surya joins Palecek, Blue Ocean Traders, Zentique, Silkroute, Peninsula Home Collection, Legend of Asia and other eclectic exhibitors to round out the floor's offerings.
• Light & Living, founded 35 years ago in the Netherlands, is opening its first-ever U.S. showroom in Building 2, Floor 9 of Americasmart. Light & Living sells a broad collection of lighting and home decorations, which also include tabletop accessories and gifts.
• Mr. Brown, a mainstay of the prestigious HD Home Temporary Collection, secured a permanent showroom on Floor 9 of Building 1 to showcase a larger array of its upscale home furnishings and home accents.
• Chehoma, a Belgian maker of distinctive home accents and embellishments and a favorite of buyers in the High Design Temps, acquired a permanent showroom on Floor 9 of Building 1.
• Alexander Terry Associates, Inc., a multi-line rep company, will have a new and expanded showroom on Floor 10 of Building 1. This long-time exhibitor presents an array of home and textiles lines ranging from bed and bath to home and gift items.
• Kaleen, area rug specialists, doubled its showroom space to 6,000 square feet on Floor 3 of Building 1. Kaleen produces a full line of both handmade and machine-made rugs including popular licensed collections.
• Stein World, the Tennessee-based purveyor of home furnishings and accents, will have its debut at Americasmart with a showroom on Floor 11 of Building 1, adding a new destination on the popular home category floor.
• Napa Home & Garden, manufacturer of decorative ceramics, lightweight planters, terracotta pots, cachepots and decorative accessories will relocate and expand to more than 7,500 square feet on Floor 12 of Building 2.
• Regency International, specialists in trim-a-tree and floral merchandise, will expand its long-standing showroom on Floor 17 of Building 1 to present an even wider array of specialty holiday and floral items.
• Le Creuset, the renowned cookware and bakeware manufacturer, will expand to a 1,400-square-foot showroom on Floor 8 of Building 2 West Wing. Le Creuset began making French ovens in 1925 in Fresnoy-le-Grand, France, expanded to the U.S. and has been a popular destination in the Gourmet & Housewares center since it opened.
• Calphalon, the maker of pots, pans, knives and small housewares items, will open its first showroom in the housewares section on Floor 8 of Building 2 West Wing underscoring the growth of the overall gourmet & housewares category across retail channels.
• Artisan House, creator of handmade freestanding sculptures and wall art will open a showroom on Floor 14 of Building 1 adding another home accents option to the Home & Design destination floor.
• Kenian Imports, importer of high-quality bamboo/rattan furniture, enters Americasmart for the first time in their own showroom in a premium space on Floor 14 of Building 1. Kenian Import's signature item is its bamboo/rattan folding chair.
• Art Addiction, creators of wall art that is contemporary imagery printed on sleek acrylic material, relocates and expands to a new showroom on Floor 10 of Building 1 offering an alternative option for home décor.
• Aesthetic Movement, purveyor of home accessories, tabletop items, throw pillows and personal care items, expanded its showroom on Floor 10 of Building 1 with its array of creative, innovative products.
• Home Accents Alliance, seller of home furniture and home accents, will have its debut at Americasmart in a 3,000-square-foot showroom on Floor 5 in Building 1, adding an alternative dimension and design option to the floor.
• Karen Alweil Studio, a multirep company whose products include top-of-the-table art, furniture, bath products and unique home décor, moves from a temporary exhibit to their own permanent showroom on Floor 10 of Building 1.
• Prestige Identity opens a new showroom on Floor 10 of Building 1. Prestige Identity, a multiline rep group, is an importer of European home and office accessories, as well as kitchen, table and garden products..
Related Content By Author
Vegas Performing with PureCare's Lonnie Scheps