Increase Sales with Video
November 28, 2011-- Home Textiles Today,
Penny Schnek Online Sales Manager
There are a lot of good reasons to feature product videos on your website as well as the multitude of social media sites now available. First, video is interactive. It will keep customers on your site longer; lower the number of abandoned shopping carts; reduce return rates; generate higher sales; and enhance the customer's experience of your brand. Video is more personal and can help build trust with your customers. It also can bring your product and brand to life in ways unattainable through text and photographs. You can use video to showcase new products; demonstrate special features; instruct customers on how to use or put a product together; bring testimonials to life; and bring new life to the traditional "lifestyle" product images.
Today, there are even more ways to leverage your investment in video. In addition to giving copies of your video to sales representatives and customers, post your videos on Facebook, You-Tube, Twitvid and any other appropriate site available to you such as local business chambers and affiliate sites. You'll reach new audiences, build your brand, and drive traffic back to you site. We can even post your video right here in the video gallery of this website!
Another great way to leverage videos is with QR tags. Use a QR tag in your print ad, direct mail or even point-of-purchase displays. Link the tag to a video and you've now launched your first mobile marketing program!
Incorporate snippets from your videos into web display ads. Video can be used in a pre-roll commercial (15-30 seconds) that runs prior to news videos; sponsorship of special news segments; and in-ad videos. In-ad videos can have nearly triple the click through rate of standard ads. A good combination buy is a video with a standard banner ad running next to the video to optimize click through rates.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your videos:
• Be sure to tag the videos so search engines find them. Video search engine optimization (VSEO) works like regular SEO. Promote your online video using back links from other reputable websites. Optimize the search terms and tags connected to your video and post links on social media websites. For some great tips on how to optimize your video, visit Reel SEO at http://www.reelseo.com/seo-for-video/
• Feature a link to your videos right on the home page of your website.
• Make sure there is a call to action in the video as well as clearly visible on the landing page where you video is posted. Don't put your call to action at the very end of the video as many viewers will not watch the complete video.
• Keep your videos short with a focus on a few key points. If necessary, produce a series of short videos to get your whole story out.
• Be sure to storyboard and script your video before the camera roles! Even if you don't follow a script word-for-word, storyboard and script will not only save you time and money in production, but also ensure your message is clear and impactful.
Related Content By Author
DayThree from the NY Textiles Market
Most Viewed Articles