NY Now plans seminars, events
November 13, 2013-- Home Textiles Today,
White Plains, N.Y. - The winter 2014 edition of NY Now will include educational sessions and special events when it takes place in New York City from Feb. 1-6 at the Javits Center and Passenger Ship Terminal's Pier 94.
The Home track of seminars, which are aligned with the section of the show housing home textiles exhibitors, includes the following:
- Feb. 1 - The first of a two-part visual merchandising series with display and design expert Paul Thompson focusing on store interiors and hosted by ART (The Creative Home Furnishings Network);
- Feb. 2 - "Home + Lifestyle Forecast: Styles + Trends for 2014 + Beyond," Tom Mirabile, contributing editor for Pantone View and svp, global trend and design for Lifetime Brands;
- Feb. 2 - The second of a two-part visual merchandising series with Thompson focusing on windows and exterior signage;
- Feb.3 - "Consumer Preference Forecast: Myths & Realities About Today's Shoppers," with Mirabile;
- Feb. 3 - "What Color Is Your Future? Trends in Color & Design" presented by the New York chapter of the International Furnishings & Design Association (IFDA).
Additional programming throughout the fair will include sessions on social media and content marketing, ecommerce strategy, and other topics as well as orientation sessions for first-time exhibitors.
Key events taking place during NY Now will include the Gift For Life's Party for Life fundraiser, the 2014 Housewares Design Awards and a "Night on Broadway" featuring Motown: The Musical.
For the full slate, visit www.nynow.com/programs.
For more information about the show or to register, visit www.nynow.com.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
H&TTtv Talks Outdoor Rugs