Decorating Den Expands
May 16, 2013,
• Cassy Young of Athens, Ga., is expanding her existing interior design business.
• Laura Speed of Spring, Texas, had been a decorator in the Decorating Den Interiors franchise owned by Cathy and Gerald Salyers also of Spring.
• Kathy Potts of Forest, Va., had worked in finance before acquiring the franchise previously owned by Linda Edwards, also of Forest.
• Leslie Young of Fort Mills, S.C., a mechanical engineer who had a desire to make a career change to interior design
• Ana Gil-Jones of Exton, Pa, had worked in corporate finance before starting a small interior design business.
"This group of new owners demonstrates several important strengths of our company, " says Jim Bugg, Jr. president and ceo. "Decorators working within an existing franchise have the opportunity to open their own business. Owners can come from careers outside of interior design. And, independent interior designers can benefit from converting their business to a franchise."
To assist others who would like to explore starting or expanding an interior design business, the company has developed a new online resource. "It is a virtual tour of our proven business tools and educational program," said Bugg. It can be accessed at www.decoratingden.com by clicking on Franchise Information and then the Take our Virtual Tour button.
Decorating Den Interiors was founded in 1969 and has interior design professionals and decorators throughout the United States and Canada. The company represents more than 85 home furnishings suppliers and offers furniture, case goods, accessories, lighting, floor and wall coverings, draperies and other hard and soft window treatments.
Related Content By Author
Fashion Live From Heimtextil