Ikea's Photo-Sharing Site Goes Live
September 12, 2011-- Home Textiles Today,
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA. - Ikea's new community photo-sharing website, www.theshare-space.com, has gone live, and the retailer is encouraging its customers to elevate their status at the site by posting as much as possible.
Each week, Ikea will name one customer's room the "Pick of the Week." Ikea has also created "Kudos" levels for active posters, including:
• Space Sharer: A user who upload 3 or more distinct rooms (e.g., 1 living room, 1 bedroom and 1 kitchen or 3 different bedrooms);
• IKEA Fan: A user who tags five Ikea products in his or her photo collection;
• IKEA Super Fan: A user who tags 25 Ikea products in his or her photo collection;
• Admired Space: A room is saved by five other users;
• Exceptional Space: A room is saved by 25 users.
The site is also home to a new blog, "Design by IKEA" (www.theshare-space.com/en/Blog), through which Ikea design experts sharing tips, trends and design ideas.
Related Content By Author
Online Moves From Afterthought To Main Thought For Textiles Suppliers