Pantone unveils 2007 color palette for home
March 13, 2006-- Home Textiles Today,
Chicago – Pantone today revealed eight directional 2007 color palettes for home furnishings at the International Home & Housewares Show here.
• Simply Elegant marries tradition and modern day, with blends of mahogany-silvered mink, silvery blues, elegant purples and deep bronzed tones set off by the glint of pale gold, frosty almond and copper.
• Classic Chic consists of timeless tones of lasting value, with grays in both light and deeper tones, lustrous champagne, mineralized yellow, sensuous red and cappuccino brown as well as black and white.
• Lumens encompasses shiny or slightly de-lustered surfaces with dazzling water-borne blues, jewel-like emerald or opaline greens, ultraviolet, vibrant rose, metallic silver and bright white.
• Melange is flavored by melon, apricot, strawberry and orange as well as toasty tan, poppy red, vivacious yellow, a balancing blue and rustic khaki.
• Aux Naturale emphasizes organic colors, especially those with an unbleached quality such as creamy whites, sandy beiges, essential tans, taupes, gray and mellow browns accented by subtly shaded roses, lily pad green and denim blue.
• Grass roots looks to indigenous crafts and materials, with variations on a green theme, mineral blue and various wood tones enhanced by unexpected mixes of grape, rose and terra cotta.
• Fresh Air is where woven twines may meet with metallic sheens and smooth resins are coupled with textured leathers. The accent is on inventive color combinations such as green pesto, vibrant yellow and yellow-greens combining with cyclamen pink, purples and violets, sky blues and snow whites.
• Light Touch speaks of quiet places in a noisy world, with a modernized pastel palette of foamy aquas and greens, pinks and lavenders, powdery blues, sun-tinged yellow and angora white infused with touches of champagne, silvery gray or rosy taupe.
Related Content By Author
H&TTtv Talks Outdoor Rugs