AmericasMart honors rug makers at Magnificent Awards
Retail Editor 4 -- Home Textiles Today, January 14, 2013
Atlanta - At the January edition of its bi-annual International Area Rug Market here last week, the AmericasMart recognized several of its category tenants at the America's Magnificent Carpets Awards ceremony.
The area rug winners, which were selected from the Museum of Introductions gallery by an independent panel of experts, were announced and presented by AmericasMart at a gala at The Georgia Aquarium.
As part of the industry recognition, AmericasMart honored three of the top retailers in the country for overall excellence in sales, service and innovation. They were: Hadinger Flooring, Avalon Carpet Tile & Flooring and Nebraska Furniture Mart.
The 2013 winners:
- Hand Hooked/ Hand Tufted ($0-$8.00+): Amer Rugs
- Hand Hooked/ Hand Tufted( $8.01-$16.00): Surya Carpet Inc.
- Handmade/Hand Knotted/Flat Weave ($0-$30.00): Obeetee
- Handmade/Hand Knotted/Flat Weave ($30.01-$50.00): F.J. Kashanian Rugs
- Handmade/Hand Knotted/Flat Weave ($50.01-$100.00): Capa Imports
- Handmade/Hand Knotted/Flat Weave ($100.01+): Anadol Rug Company
- Machine Made ($0-$200.00): Oriental Weavers
- Machine Made ($200.01-$400.00): Loloi Rugs
- Machine Made ($400.01-$800.00): Marcella Fine Rugs
- Machine Made ($800.00+): Nourison Industries
- Licensee: Surya
- Outdoor: Kaleen
Mednick Talks to HTT about Online Trends for Textiles