Surtex Panel Will Explore Design Evolution
May 12, 2011,
"American Embraces Design...Finally" will take place May 17. A continental breakfast begins at 8 a.m., with the program running from 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Tickets are $125 per person. Register at www.surtex.com. For more information, contact Sikalis at 914-421-3297, penny_ email@example.com, or visit www.SURTEX.com.
• Richard Roman, president and ceo of Revman International, Inc., the marketing company he founded in l988 to partner with some of the industry's best-known brands, among them Marimekko, Laura Ashley, Tommy Hilfiger, Vera Wang and Candice Olson;
• David Bolotsky, founder and ceo of UncommonGoods. com, an online marketplace focused on creatively designed, high-quality merchandise at affordable prices;
• Lynn Shanahan, ceo of the C2 Group, a company that partners with and invests in both strategic and private equity firms, and provides operating management for its affiliates. She is currently acting president of Marimekko, North America;
• David Hedley, managing director of Artwork Design Ltd., a 25-year-old design studio located near the traditional textile center of Manchester, UK;
• Elizabeth Bournaud of Francois Bournaud, Paris, since l973, a leading design resource for textiles, stationery, and other products;
• Michelle Ishay-Cohen, executive art director at Abrams, including such design-focused imprints as Stewart, Tabori & Chang;
• Tom Mirabile, svp of Global Trend and Design for Lifetime Brands, Inc. The moderator will be Dan Rubinstein, editor-in-chief of Surface magazine.
Related Content By Author
Live From New York: Fashion Comes Across the Pond
Home & Textiles Today eDaily
Most Viewed Articles
See the September 2017 issue of Home & Textiles Today. In this issue, we look at the Attack of the Killer Third Tier: Monster off-pricers are climbing to the top of the food chain, plus New Products: 40 pages of new products debuting at the New York Home Fashions Market; Home Stores: TJX unveils first U.S. HomeSense store; Clicks to Bricks: Boll & Branch moves from digital to physical retailing; and much more...