World Market Center Las Vegas announces seminars, event schedule for February market
December 22, 2009-- Home Textiles Today,
Las Vegas — Las Vegas Market organizers have announced a schedule of seminars, panel discussions and other educational and social events for the winter show, set for Feb. 1-5.
"Today, it is not business as usual or business as we knew it," said Bob Maricich, president and CEO of the World Market Center Las Vegas. "In addition to a strong display of new products, Las Vegas' February market will be a meaningful exchange of the latest trends, research, business strategies and inspiration to benefit all facets of the trade - retailers, designers and suppliers. The content will be highly relevant to those who are ‘playing to win' and looking for new competitive advantages in today's marketplace."
This will be the 10th Las Vegas Market, and it will have a new element because of its overlap with Inspiredesign, described as a show-within-a-show that caters to design within the hospitality and health care industries. All programs at the market will be open to Inspiredesign attendees as well.
Highlights of the market events will include:
• "First Look: Las Vegas Market." HGTV's Monica Pedersen and trend expert Julie Smith will fast-track attendees on opening day to highlight new products and trends.
• "Juan Montoya, Design Icon." One of the world's most versatile and inspired interior designers will be honored as a WMC Design Icon and will share his insights in a presentation.
• Industry insider Valerie Moran, will present "Lasting Luxury." In a time when knock-offs are more common than original design, Moran will give pointers on how to appreciate high quality and fine design.
• Adriana Hoyos, "The Influence of Latin America in Contemporary Design." International furniture and interior designer Hoyos shares how Latin America has influenced her work.
• Lloyd Princeton, "Marketing Interior Design." He'll advise how designers can hone their business skills and spread the word about their interior design businesses using the new vocabulary of marketing.
• Alfresco at Design + Living. The newest destination at Las Vegas Market will focus on outdoor living.
• Bedding Bowl. Receptions and seminars dedicated to the mattress category, including an update on the bedding industry's green initiative organized by the Specialty Sleep Assn.
• Darryl Carter, "The New Traditional." Lawyer-turned-interior designer Carter will speak about livability and the New Traditional style.
• Trend and merchandising expert Jennifer Castoldi of Trendease International will share "Creative Retail Experiences from Around the World" to inspire retailers on innovative shopping environments.
• Diane Burley, "Engaging with Your Customers - the Web Way." Pure Contemporary's Diane Burley discusses essential Web marketing techniques to attract, engage and retain customers.
• "Apartment Therapy, New Trends Meet Real Life." Apartment Therapy contributors Rebecca Orlov and Abby Stone share how real people are integrating the newest trends and accessories for 2010 into their homes.
• "Designing Green," Kathy Ireland and Angelo Surmelis. This panel discussion centers on the influence of sustainability in the work of a group of high-profile designers
• WMC is partnering with the Western Home Furnishings Assn. to produce the Academy Series, described as offering "the best of the best of retail intelligence." The series will be married to the Business Survival series and will take place Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during market at 4:30 p.m., followed by a reception.
WHFA also will host dozens of retail-specific programs throughout the market week in the Retail Resource Center on the 16th floor of Building B.
Attendees can register for the market and reserve discounted rooms online at www.LasVegasMarket.com.
Related Content By Author
New homes for Indo Count, Trident