Surtex to Present New “Trend Theater” Program At Upcoming Spring Event
May 7, 2012,
Trend Theater will span a total of 17 sessions, each one 30 minutes long.
The program is free of charge for exhibitors and attendees.
Over the course of the three show days - May 20 to 22, the sessions will feature experts from global trend forecasting companies.
"Surtex is thrilled to bring such a wealth of information and creative inspiration from the world's top trend forecasters to our audience, on a complimentary basis," said Penny Sikalis, vp of GLM and manager of the Surtex show. "The Trend Theatre and the booths of the presenters will be located in the ‘ReSource HuB,' so that attendees will have easy access to the materials and services of the forecasters."
The program includes:
• Nicki Gondell, principal of Trend House Inc., speaking on the Fall 13/14 Trend Forecast from Carlin International (headquartered in France), exploring key color, fabrics and styling, with an emphasis on home décor and accessories;
• Emmanuelle Linard, partner/executive director of New York-based Edelkoort Inc., identifying the growing trend to using textiles as a lifestyle form, bringing warmth into homes;
• Nicki Gondell of Trend House Inc., presenting the views of LA Colors from Amsterdam, "which focuses on color, color, color • a passion!" Her presentation of trends for Fall ‘13 highlights the most meaningful color stories, ranges and harmonies for fashion and home.
• Milou Ket, founder of Milou Ket styling and design, (The Netherlands), will take an in-depth look at emerging design themes for bedding, bath, ceramics and wallpaper - and will use compelling imagery to reveal colors, prints, materials, structure, design and form that will inspire future product development.
• Nicki Gondell of Trend House Inc. presents key trends for Fall ‘13, as defined by Mudpie (headquartered in the U.K.) in terms of mood and color, along with print and graphic direction for the home, textiles, paper and apparel markets.
• Jamie Thomas, trend director, Stylesight (New York, London, Hong Kong), will focus on three distinct areas for the coming seasons.
• Jennifer Castoldi, founder, ceo and chief creative director of Trendease International, will share key design influencers for the coming years and how various surface art and decoration found at Surtex are in tune with these movements.
This line-up of forecasters will be speaking in a theater located on the show floor. The complete schedule of the sessions at the Trend Theatre is available at http://www.surtex.com/TheShow/ReSourceHuB/TrendTheatre/tabid/297/Default.aspx.
Related Content By Author
1200 Suppliers are Ready for You at Intertextile Shanghai
Home & Textiles Today eDaily
Most Viewed Articles
See the August 2017 issue of Home & Textiles Today. In this issue, we look at the Top 50 Retailing Giants Report, plus Manufacturing: Made in the USA gaining ground; International: Portugal ramping up exports; New products: NY Now home textiles introductions; Outlook: Commentary from H&TT's editors; and Planning: Trade show calendar.