Macy's Lundgren Among NRF Headliners
December 10, 2010,
The three-day event will take place at the Javits Convention Center beginning Jan. 9. Super sessions will include:
• The Rise of the Individual: Understand and Respond to Smarter Consumers' Wants and Needs: Jan. 9, 1:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Dan Heath, co-author of "Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard," and Jill Puleri, Worldwide Retail, IBM Global Business, will discuss how retailers can predict what smarter consumers will want and quickly change direction accordingly.
• Retail's Road to Recovery: Status Report on the Global Economy: Jan. 10, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Mark Greene, ceo of FICO, will moderate a panel that will examine the state of the global economic recovery and its impact on the retail business as well as the potential consequences for retailers of a valued- added tax. Panelists include Claudio Del Vecchio, chairman and ceo, Retail Brand Alliance (parent of Brooks Brothers), and Mark Zandi, chief economist and co-founder, Moody's Economy. com.
• Consumer 2020: What Lies Ahead for the Retail Industry?: Jan. 10, 9:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Allison Paul, Deloitte's vice chairman and U.S. retail leader, will moderate a panel discussion about major demographic, technological and business trends the industry will need to adjust to in the coming years. Panelists include Cathy Green president, Food Lion Family (Food Lion, Bloom, Harveys & Reids); Ira Kalish, global director, Deloitte Research; and Peter Sachse, cmo, chairman and ceo, Macys.com.
• The Magic of the Disney Store: Jan. 11, 9:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Duncan Angove, gm and senior vp, Global Business Unit, Oracle; and Stephen Finney, Senior Vice President, Global Retail, Operations, Disney Store, will review how Disney builds a comprehensive brand experience.
• The Future is Big, the Future is Now: Jan. 12, 9:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Macy's Lundgren will conduct a panel discussion about key turning points in the industry and predict the new ideas that will shape the industry. Panelists include Ben Fischman, ceo, Retail Convergence (Rue La La and Smartbargains.com); Mindy Grossman, ceo, HSNi.; and Bobbie Lenga, managing director, Global Consumer Sector leader, Russell Reynolds Associates.
In addition, the NRF convention and expo will feature concurrent sessions on store design, merchandising, information technology, supply chain, sustainability, digital retailing and many more areas of retail. For more information, visit www.nrf.com.
Related Content By Author
Vegas Performing with PureCare's Lonnie Scheps