Textiles Showrooms Ready for New York Gift Show
June 1, 2009-- Home Textiles Today,
Showroom building 230 Fifth Avenue announced a number of introductions its tenants are readying for the NY Gift Show, which runs Aug. 16–20.
The NY Gift Fair runs in tandem with with New York International Gift Fair at the Jacob Javits Center. Home textiles exhibitors at 230, the Gift Fair and the 7W building jointly participate in Home Textiles Market Week from Aug. 14–20 during the event.
Here are some of the new introductions planned for the Fair:
• Abrahami Rugs & Décor, Inc., which recently moved into suite 906, will debut a collection of area rugs, bath mats and kitchen mats. The company accepts orders as small as a single rug and have the capability to handle orders consisting of full container loads.
New for 2009 is the Imperial Rug Collection made from 500,000 point superabralon twist heatset pile. With colorfast and stain resistant properties, the collection consists of 40 different rugs in a variety of size ranges starting at 2'×4' rectangles up to a 10'×13' mansion size. Also new is the 3 pc Sultan Rug Set, which includes a scatter rug, runner and 5'×8' rug in a heatset and olefin mix with resistance to stains and fading.
The Decorators Accent mat by Abrahami Rug and Décor will also be featured, offering practicality for high traffic areas. Made from heatset fibers with a handmade fabric border, these mats are available in six colors with the option of a rectangle or slice shape and are available in a 20-by-32 or 24-by-48 size.
• CGG Home Fashionsis introducing new products made from bamboo. These include a sheet set, quilted coverlet with shams and blanket. The sheet set, quilted coverlet and shams are made of 100% bamboo. The blanket is composed of 60% bamboo and 40% cotton.
• Dea at Abode Fine Home will introduce its spring/summer 2009 collections in the Diamante pattern and the Gianna pattern. Both are offered in jacquard or embroidery.
Diamante jacquard is composed of a crisscross pattern on 1000 thread count sateen in white and ivory. Diamante embroidery is made up of a geometric diamond embroidery pattern on 700 thread count sateen and is offered in 13 different embroidery colors on white or ivory.
On 700 thread count sateen, Gianna jacquard is a scroll pattern offered in ivory and sand. Gianna embroidery is a two tone scroll pattern also on a 700 thread count sateen available in 14 different embroidery colors on white and ivory. Both the Diamante and Gianna Collections include sheets, duvet covers, shams, cases and bed skirts.
Greenland Home Fashions is inaugurating new embroidery collections named Guinevere and Maven.
Guinevere is embroidered in sage and pink thread, creating a floral motif that's sure to dress up any bedroom with a shabby yet chic style. Mitered panels are joined with scalloped seams and intricately stitched in vermicelli, floral motif and channel stitched patterns giving it elegance and durability.
For a contemporary setting, Greenland Home Fashions' Maven quilt set, creates a young and hip look with an added sophisticated touch in black, white and grey color ways. Maven also features vermicelli stitching.
• Hamburg House at Fiori Home Collections will unveil an intricate and elegant collection consisting of embroidered bed linens and bath towels. Hamburg House bed linens include the Riviera, Seville, Quilting Dots and Royal Court bedding styles. The Hamburg House bath towels are available in the Savanna, Blossom, Clayton and Peony patterns.
• Home Source International will show the Tradition and Bamboo Collections. The Tradition Collection is made up of vintage style sheets and bedding. Created oversize for a high loft mattress, the T300 sateen, machine washable sheets have a special finish for a super soft hand.
The Bamboo Collection is introducing its 10th sheet color, "Seaglass", and the Bamboo Cotton Jacquard top of the bed is introducing its second color, "Sable".
• Ocean Exim will introduce a colorful selection of decorative pillows, bedding, table linens and kitchen linens.
The new 100% cotton Stencil Red bedding collection includes a flat sheet, a 100% cotton filled patch style comforter, with matching pillow shams and cushions along with a lightweight 100% cotton voile canopy. Polka dot and leaf decorative pillows will also be unveiled in reversible 100% cotton 40's sheeting with 100% polyfibre filling.
The new Diamond Flower Collection of kitchen linens, consisting of an apron, oven mitt, napkin and placemat will be showcased as well. The apron, oven mitt and napkin are made of 100% cotton 40's sheeting, and the placemat is composed of 100% cotton canvas.
• Park B. Smith, Ltd. will have a collection of woven and elaborately detailed tote bags. Each comes fully lined with genuine leather handles and a zip pocket to hold personal items. Four different styles are available: Apple Variety, Olive Collage, Rustic Café and Wines.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Pimacott: Proof Positive