Best Products named at Gift Fair/Textiles Market
August 19, 2008-- Home Textiles Today,
New York – A panel of consumer and trade press editors has selected the New York Home Textiles Market Week Best New Product Awards, in conjunction with the New York International Gift Fair.
Criteria included innovation in design, creative use of materials/construction and new fiber, material or technology. Nearly 100 entries overall were judged, in the categories of Bed, Bath, Dining, and Home Accessories. The winners:
* Best of Market honors went to Andrew Morgan Collection’s Palace Gates sustainable knitted blanket. The Mt. Vernon, N.Y.-based company crafted the product of 100% Innova polypropylene, making it stain-resistant, anti-bacterial, thermal-conductive and can able to be reduced completely to its original form.
* Bed category winner: Cuddledown (Portland, Maine) for its limited edition “World's Lightest Comforter,” designed with a lightweight, durable shell of 100% combed cotton German Batiste and filled with pure 900 fill power European white goose down.
Finalists were: Luxe Brands International (Toronto), Malaike silk-piped bedding collection; and Plover Organic (Portland, Ore.), organic-certified cotton bedding collection.
* Bath category winner: Matteo (Los Angeles), Ida Baby Bathrobe in quilted organic linen with low-impact dyes; garment-washed technology adds softness while creating a vintage look.
Finalists: Forza & Home Turkish Towel Collection (Berkeley, Calif.), hand-loomed waffle towel; and Matouk (Fall River, Mass.), Orlo Towel Collection.
* Dining category winner: Settings by Mona (Las Vegas), fringe tablecloth and chair cap of 100% cotton organdy and linen; hand-embroidered tablecloth has a built-in napkin ring holder and is machine washable and available in five sizes.
Finalists: Alexandre Turpault (Paris), Ambre tablecloth; Pom Pom At Home (Los Angeles), Belle napkin and placemat.
* Home Accessories category winner: Shades of India (Noida, India), Moonbeam cushion cover; the cotton velvet pillow is covered in different sized mirrors, all of which are lined by metallic threads.
Finalists: Fino Lino (Ocean, N.J.), Anniversary Patchwork pillow; Sheets & Co (New York), Silk Trading Company's Drapery-by-Design Boutique Collection.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Live from Heimtextil: All About Sustainability