Best Products named at Gift Fair/Textiles Market
August 19, 2008,
New York – A panel of consumer and trade press editors has selected the New York Home Textiles Market Week Best New Product Awards, in conjunction with the New York International Gift Fair.
* Best of Market honors went to Andrew Morgan Collection’s Palace Gates sustainable knitted blanket. The Mt. Vernon, N.Y.-based company crafted the product of 100% Innova polypropylene, making it stain-resistant, anti-bacterial, thermal-conductive and can able to be reduced completely to its original form.
* Bed category winner: Cuddledown (Portland, Maine) for its limited edition “World's Lightest Comforter,” designed with a lightweight, durable shell of 100% combed cotton German Batiste and filled with pure 900 fill power European white goose down.
Finalists were: Luxe Brands International (Toronto), Malaike silk-piped bedding collection; and Plover Organic (Portland, Ore.), organic-certified cotton bedding collection.
* Bath category winner: Matteo (Los Angeles), Ida Baby Bathrobe in quilted organic linen with low-impact dyes; garment-washed technology adds softness while creating a vintage look.
Finalists: Forza & Home Turkish Towel Collection (Berkeley, Calif.), hand-loomed waffle towel; and Matouk (Fall River, Mass.), Orlo Towel Collection.
* Dining category winner: Settings by Mona (Las Vegas), fringe tablecloth and chair cap of 100% cotton organdy and linen; hand-embroidered tablecloth has a built-in napkin ring holder and is machine washable and available in five sizes.
Finalists: Alexandre Turpault (Paris), Ambre tablecloth; Pom Pom At Home (Los Angeles), Belle napkin and placemat.
* Home Accessories category winner: Shades of India (Noida, India), Moonbeam cushion cover; the cotton velvet pillow is covered in different sized mirrors, all of which are lined by metallic threads.
Finalists: Fino Lino (Ocean, N.J.), Anniversary Patchwork pillow; Sheets & Co (New York), Silk Trading Company's Drapery-by-Design Boutique Collection.
Related Content By Author
The Countdown to the ICON Honors Continues featuring Christophe Pourny