World Market Center to launch Gift + Home at Las Vegas August event
July 20, 2010,
Las Vegas - The World Market Center Las Vegas is gearing up for the debut next month of its first-ever gift-focused event -- Gift + Home.
Scheduled to run concurrent and within the Las Vegas Market from August 2 through 6 and staged in a one million-plus square-foot space, the new Gift + Home event is poised to offer attendees access to more than 300 exhibitors that include gift and home decor manufacturers, such as newcomers to market Russ Berrie, Demdaco, Silvestri and Yankee Candle as well as longtime Las Vegas tenants like Global Views, Midwest-CBK, Andrea by Sadek and others.
"It has always been our foremost goal for World Market Center to diversify our base of categories and evolve into a ‘total home' market. With the extensive breadth of experience and talent within our new gift team, we are excited to be well on our way," said Robert Maricich, president and ceo. "This seasoned team was carefully assembled not just to develop new partnerships through their extensive relationships within this segment, but to successfully establish this division as a natural extension of the Las Vegas Market through their thought leadership and knowledgeable and varied perspectives."
The World Market Center's 10-person Gift + Home division includes:
- Georgia Davis, vp, charged with leading the division and responsible for the strategy, sales and growth of this show segment. Formerly the evp of the Dallas Market Center for 20 years, she has served as a new business development consultant at World Market Center Las Vegas and has been instrumental in the growth of the category for the last three years.
- Randy Eller, consultant, bringing his 35-year career experience in the gift arena to assist World Market Center with its growth trajectory as the new hub for suppliers and buyers. He operates Eller Enterprises, a consulting firm primarily serving the home accent, furniture and giftware industries.
- Ron Radin, consultant. He currently leads business development for the lighting division at World Market Center Las Vegas. Radin is also owner and publisher of Homestyle Publications.
- Gerry Seibel, director, business development. His duties include leasing permanent gift and decorative accessory showrooms. Seibel has been with World Market Center Las Vegas for three years as a director of design-focused events before his recent appointment to Gift + Home team.
- Boyd Tasker, director, business development. His duties include leasing permanent decorative accessory and lighting showrooms.
- Margaret Powers, director, business development. Her duties include leading the sales team for the Gift + Home temporaries.
- Sheri Makransky, business development. She has been with World Market Center Las Vegas for nearly four years. Her current duties include leasing permanent gift, rug and decorative accessory showrooms.
- Keith Davis, business development. His duties include sales for the Gift + Home temporaries.
- Lindsay Pearson, business development. Her duties include sales for the Gift + Home temporaries.
- Michelle Ovalle, brand manager, responsible for developing and executing marketing programs and events as well as leading a team of retail specialists focused on gift buyer acquisition.
Related Content By Author
Live From New York: Fashion Comes Across the Pond
Home & Textiles Today eDaily
Most Viewed Articles
See the September 2017 issue of Home & Textiles Today. In this issue, we look at the Attack of the Killer Third Tier: Monster off-pricers are climbing to the top of the food chain, plus New Products: 40 pages of new products debuting at the New York Home Fashions Market; Home Stores: TJX unveils first U.S. HomeSense store; Clicks to Bricks: Boll & Branch moves from digital to physical retailing; and much more...