Suxtex Announces Conference Program
February 25, 2011-- Home Textiles Today,
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The 2011 Surtex show, which features original art and design available for licensing, will also include conference session around the theme: "Future Focus: Profit from Design."
Taking place during the fair at the Javits Center in New York from May 15-17, the program includes:
• Core Basics of Licensing 1: Practicality, with Steve Harris, founder of Harris-Sachs, and Marty Segelbaum, president/ owner, MHS Licensing.
• Core Basics of Licensing II: Creativity: with Sam Abell, president, Courtney Davis, and Jeff Grinspan, owner, Grinspan & Co and artmoid.com.
• Core Basics of Licensing III: Marketing & Presentation: with Tara Reed, founder, ArtLicensingInfo. com, and Khristian A. Howell, owner, Khristian A. Howell Surface Design.
• Manufacturers and Artists Working Together -Secrets of Successful Relationships: with David North, vp marketing, Croscill Living; Paul Brent, owner, Paul Brent Designer, Nicci Henry, licensing account manager, Mead Westvaco, Charles Gallagher, sr. vp sales and marketing, PTS America, Inc., and Alan Korsgaden, president, Image Connection.
• Business Practices: Nuts & Bolts of Licensing Agreements: with Joshua Kaufman, Venable LLP.
• Business Practices: Protecting Your Creative Designs - Legally: with Jeanne Hamburg, Norris McLaughlin & Marcus PA. Business Practices: Structures, Leases, Staffing, Insurance and More: with Lara Kisielewska, owner, Optimum Design & Consulting.
• Trends in Art Licensing Business: with Susan January, vp/product management, Leanin' Tree, Gus Walbolt, co-owner, Mosaic Licensing, Mary Beth Freet, creative director, Pink Light Design, and Francesca Ash, publisher/editor, Total Licensing LTD,
• Retail Trends - A Savvy Look at the Future: with Maggie Gilliam, owner, Gilliam & Co.
• Digital Trends: From Homepage to the Latest in Social Media: with Tom Shapiro, president/ owner, Digital Marketing NOW.
For details, visit www.surtex.com or call 800-272-7469.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Northwest plays cameo on GMA