AATCC event covers creativity and communication
December 23, 2004,
NEW YORK — AATCC’s Concept 2 Consumer (C2C) symposium, "Creativity 2 Communication," will be held in New York City from April 7-8.
Targeted to designers, merchandisers, and others involved in product development processes, the event will focus on: color inspiration, trends, and standards development; sampling and the design process, fabric designs, Fabric 101-down stream impact of decisions or changes, creating and sourcing for a brand, engineering quality control, CAD profiling, the basics of color, dyeing, and printing, and designing with the cost of color in mind.
• Inspiration and Trends for Color and Style, Kathryn Gordy-Novakovic, Cotton Incorporated
• Trend Drivers … Influences on Textile Color and Design Directions, Dina Puglisi, Archroma Global Services
• Color Standards Development, Speaker TBA
• Designing with the Cost of Color in Mind, Tom Stutts, Datacolor
• Sampling and the Design Process, Tiffany Eubanks, Tietex International Ltd.
• Virtual Sampling, Jill M. Simmons, Lectra USA Inc.
• Fabric Trends, Sid Estreicher, Liz Claiborne
• Fabric 101, Liz Easter, University of Kentucky
• Engineering QC, Susan Fox Forrester, JCPenney
• Building a Brand, Rod McGeachy, Russell Corp.
• Sourcing for the Brand, Mark Singer, Neo-Concept Corp.
• SizeUSA - The National Sizing Survey, James Lovejoy, [TC]2
• Special Sizes, Speaker TBA
• Textile Surface Design/Trends, Sara Petitt, Fashion Institute of Technology
• Profiling for CAD, Geoffrey Taylor, NedGraphics
• What Does a Designer Need to Know about Screen Printing, Heidi Spivack, Cranston Print Works Co.
• Basics of Color and Dyeing, Martin Bide, University of Rhode Island
A registration fee of $785 ($525 for individual and corporate AATCC members) will include luncheons, breaks, and a copy of all available papers. Refunds will be made if cancellations are received on or before March 30, 2005.
Related Content By Author
The Countdown to the ICON Honors Continues featuring Christophe Pourny