AATCC event covers creativity and communication
December 23, 2004,
NEW YORK — AATCC’s Concept 2 Consumer (C2C) symposium, "Creativity 2 Communication," will be held in New York City from April 7-8.
Targeted to designers, merchandisers, and others involved in product development processes, the event will focus on: color inspiration, trends, and standards development; sampling and the design process, fabric designs, Fabric 101-down stream impact of decisions or changes, creating and sourcing for a brand, engineering quality control, CAD profiling, the basics of color, dyeing, and printing, and designing with the cost of color in mind.
• Inspiration and Trends for Color and Style, Kathryn Gordy-Novakovic, Cotton Incorporated
• Trend Drivers … Influences on Textile Color and Design Directions, Dina Puglisi, Archroma Global Services
• Color Standards Development, Speaker TBA
• Designing with the Cost of Color in Mind, Tom Stutts, Datacolor
• Sampling and the Design Process, Tiffany Eubanks, Tietex International Ltd.
• Virtual Sampling, Jill M. Simmons, Lectra USA Inc.
• Fabric Trends, Sid Estreicher, Liz Claiborne
• Fabric 101, Liz Easter, University of Kentucky
• Engineering QC, Susan Fox Forrester, JCPenney
• Building a Brand, Rod McGeachy, Russell Corp.
• Sourcing for the Brand, Mark Singer, Neo-Concept Corp.
• SizeUSA - The National Sizing Survey, James Lovejoy, [TC]2
• Special Sizes, Speaker TBA
• Textile Surface Design/Trends, Sara Petitt, Fashion Institute of Technology
• Profiling for CAD, Geoffrey Taylor, NedGraphics
• What Does a Designer Need to Know about Screen Printing, Heidi Spivack, Cranston Print Works Co.
• Basics of Color and Dyeing, Martin Bide, University of Rhode Island
A registration fee of $785 ($525 for individual and corporate AATCC members) will include luncheons, breaks, and a copy of all available papers. Refunds will be made if cancellations are received on or before March 30, 2005.
Related Content By Author
Vegas Performing with PureCare's Lonnie Scheps