Robert Allen takes Dwell Studio outdoors
Kids Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, March 18, 2013
New York - Robert Allen's partnership with Dwell Studio is moving outside with the debut of Modern Bungalow, the collaboration's first outdoor fabric collection.
Made from Sunbrella yarns for durability, the line features solids and patterns.
"Modern Bungalow's ‘retro-chic' flavor is a huge trend for this coming season," said Jennie Wilde, Robert Allen senior vo for design and marketing. "It's always such a pleasure working with Christiane Lemieux, founder and creative director of DwellStudio, and the brand's eye for ‘what's next' has helped create an especially fresh outdoor collection."
The patterns include:
- Finmark, a graphic collage of flora and fauna;
- Carington, a playful geometric design in saturated hues;
- Cross Lane, which features clean, bold lines;
- Delmano, a textured horizontal;
- Desert View, shell-like shapes of hand-drawn nature;
- Diamond Vista, which recalls classic DwellStudio striped motifs;
- Jacinto, retro curves with a midcentury vibe;
- Jungalow, a bold jungle scene with layers of fresh tones;
- Lazy Cabana, a ribbed awning look with a saturated color story;
- Nordic Stripe, whimsical abstract leaf-shaped ribbons and free-hand motifs with a panel stripe;. Palmwood, an outdoor interpretation of Zebra Geo.
"We're thrilled to finally bring the DwellStudio signature mix to outdoor with Robert Allen and Sunbrella," said Lemieux, founder and creative director DwellStudio. "We created the Modern Bungalow collection around a few centerpieces-a wild jungle foliage and a graphic silhouette-then layered in trellises, stripes and rich textured solids. We wanted a look that combined the glamour of Hollywood Regency and Palm Springs with modern pops of color."
Mednick Talks to HTT about Online Trends for Textiles