AmericasMart Atlanta hosts Magnificent Carpet Awards
Retail Editor 5 -- Home Textiles Today, January 16, 2014
Atlanta - The AmericasMart here honored several area rug companies for their workmanship and design of new products at the annual America's Magnificent Carpet Awards ceremony earlier this month.
Staged as part of The Atlanta International Area Rug Market featuring the National Oriental Rug Show, the ceremony was held Jan. 10 at the Hyatt Regency here.
Awards were distributed by category based on construction and cost bracket - hand hooked/hand tufted, hand knotted, flat weave, machine made and outdoor - and winners were as selected by an independent panel of industry experts.
The 2014 winners are:
• Hand-hooked/hand-tufted $0-8.00 per square foot: Capel Rugs;
• Hand-hooked/hand-tufted $8.01-16.00 per square foot: Jaipur Rugs;
• Hand-knotted/flat-weave $0-30.00 per square foot: Marcella Fine Rugs;
• Hand-knotted/flat-weave $30.01-50.00 per square foot: Loloi;
• Hand-knotted/flat-weave $50.01-100.00 per square foot: F.J. Kashanian Rug;
• Hand-knotted/flat-weave $100.01 per square foot: Anadol Rug Company;
• Machine-made $0-400.00 per square foot: Oriental Weavers of America;
• Machine-made $400.01+ per square foot: Nourison Rug Co.
• Outdoor: Couristan;
• Licensee: Jaipur Rugs.
Industry Related Content
Celebrity Branding at NY Home Fashions Market