Cotton Leads program gains members
December 23, 2013-- Home Textiles Today,
New York - Cotton Leads, a partnership forged two months ago between Cotton Inc. in the U.S. and Cotton Australia to ensure responsible production, has signed up a host of manufacturers of components, apparel and home textiles to the effort.
U.S. companies taking part include:
- Fruit of the Loom
- Springs Creative Products Group
- Contempora Fabrics
- Pickett Hosiery
- Frontier Spinning
- Mount Vernon Mills
- Carolinas Cotton Growers Cooperative
- Tuscarora Yarns
Companies from China and/or Hong Kong include:
- Huafang Co. Ltd.
- Yixing Lucky Textiles
- Datsun Weaving Factory Ltd.
- Jasonwood Jeans Corp., Ltd.
- Shijiazhuang Changshan Textile Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Imagine Home Textiles Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Peacebird Men's Wear Co., Ltd.
- Technology Co.
- TexHong Textiles
- Esquel Group
- Nice Dyeing Company
- Central Textiles (H.K.) Ltd.
- Shenzhen PurCotton Technology, Co. Ltd.
- Ibena Shanghai Technical Textiles Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Konglong Textile Ornaments Co., Ltd.
- Jihua 3542 Textile Co., Ltd.
- Foshan Seazon Textile and Garment Co. Ltd.
- Dongguan Kefang Textile Co., Ltd.
Additional participants are Tah Tong Textile Company Ltd. of Taiwan, Hermann Buhler AG of Switzerland, and IMAP Export S.p.A. and Vincenzo Zucchi S.p.A., both of Italy.
The program emphasizes commitment to social, environmental, economic, and regulatory factors as well as investment, research, and sharing of best practices among growers. Utilimately, the program promotes a cotton identification system that traces the fiber from farm to manufacturer.
More information on the initiative is available at: www.cottonleads.org.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Pimacott: Proof Positive