Consumer Reports examines sheets, selects top picks
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 7/21/2005 12:17:00 PM
NEW YORK -- Consumer Reports’ “Sheets Wake-up Call” in its August issue closely examines the category’s performance issues and warns consumer about false thread-count claims.
The publication’s bottom line: “Pick a sheet between 200 and 400 thread count that meets your other criteria. Paying more for higher thread count is wasting money.”Its top choice overall was Sealy’s $90 Best Fit 300-count sheet with spandex panels to fit thick and thin mattresses. The magazine’s top value pick was Target’s Premier 300 Egyptian cotton sateen sheet, which ranked third overall at $65.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...