Vijaeswari Textiles introduces Gossamer Cotton
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 3/16/2006 12:34:00 PM
Coimbatore, India – Vijaeswari Textiles Limited (VTX) has created a new label, Gossamer Cotton, for a line of bedding products made from hand-picked and selected cotton buds.
“Gossamer Cotton is the technique of handling the cotton,” said Jayanthi Ramachandra, joint managing director. “It’s not very mechanical. It needs expertise.”
Buds used in the technique have been allowed an extended growing period and are processed at a slow speed to yield fibers that are 25% longer than standard extra long staple cotton and 30% finer than the best Egyptian cotton. The density of the fibers lends the resulting woven fabric the luster of silk. “It can hold up to any embroidery,” Ramachandra said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...