Down Lite builds on FL Wright legacy
By Michele SanFilippo -- Home & Textiles Today, 9/8/2003 12:00:00 AM
MASON, OH —
Down Lite International will unveil an exclusive Frank Lloyd Wright bedding line at the Marriott Marquis during the New York Home Textiles Market this month. Developed in conjunction with the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, the full line includes top of bed and sheeting.
"We feel that the timeless designs of Frank Lloyd Wright are a perfect fit for basic and fashion down bedding," explained Stefan Hunter, Down Lite's marketing manager. "The brand represents the finest in craftsmanship and design, all of which run hand in hand with our luxurious down bedding products."
Down Lite will manufacture down comforters, blankets, pillows, sheets and other down and synthetic products under the brand, targeting retail accounts ranging from department stores to volume moderates and the big boxes. Some of the more asymmetrical patterns will be featured as printed rather than woven designs. Estimated price points for the entire line range from $99 to $299 for comforters and $9.99 to $129.99 for sheeting.
The Frank Lloyd Wright collection consists of a multi-faceted program highlighting the famed architect and designer's innovative work. The branded program includes representations in the categories of home furnishings, textiles and design, and decorative home, garden and gift accessories. Down Lite joins the ranks of current licensees including the Museum of Modern Art, Bulova, Anderson Windows, Illuminart, Noritake, Cassina, Costikyan Carpets and others.
"We are finding Frank Lloyd Wright fans everywhere," said Hunter. "A successful component of this program is that it is based on a real history; it's not a modern-day brand developed out of San Francisco. It's a brand with 70-plus years of design history to pull from. Another factor is that other manufacturers licensing the Frank Lloyd Wright line already have retail sales and [product] on the shelves."
Down Lite's patented washable Permabaffle gate system will be offered in all Frank Lloyd Wright collection comforters. In addition to the standard a la carte offerings, Down Lite will develop several bundled programs, notably a duvet plus comforter concept.
All of the Frank Lloyd Wright products are being designed with a consistent classic look and feel, ranging from the packaging to ribbons around the products. Product information will feature the history of Frank Lloyd Wright and each item's specific design inspiration.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...