'Croscill Cotton' Unveiled
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 2/25/2008 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Croscill highlighted a natural fibers story at market, with the debut of Croscill Cotton, a 100% cotton, washable, duvet-driven line.
"This will evolve into other natural fibers — silk, bamboo," said Julie Brady, office of the president.
The concept is positioned as a fresh alternative to the predictable confines of "hotel" looks. The program is being presented as open stock, but sets are available. The line is positioned as better/best within the existing price points of the market.
Across the rest of the bedding line, Croscill is showing a collection of upstairs embroidered beds; a rich series in modern traditional master bedroom; the Metropolitan Home series of urban master bedroom; Americana motifs; new looks in District for the younger, price-sensitive customer; and new designs in its top-of-the-line White Label luxury brand.
"We are a diverse styling team," said Brady.
At the last New York Home Fashions Market, in August 2007, Croscill branched out into lamps, occasional furniture and pet beds — items that
were all shown during the recent New York International Gift Fair at the Piers.
Carl Legreca, office of the president, said the new offerings "got some decent placement" in specialty stores and internet retailers. At the Gift Fair, Croscill "made some interesting contacts, especially with catalogs and gift stores," he said.
Luxury, Croscill-branded dog beds, also new last market and constructed of fabrics from some of Croscill's previous home-run bedding patterns, have generated enough interest that the company is introducing a series of fancy ceramic dog bowls this market.
In bath, Croscill is showing a range of metallic styles as well as contemporary shapes, glass coated with resin to reduce fragility, spa looks and blown glass with European shapes.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...