Down To Basics bows point-of-sale fixture
By Andrea Lillo -- Home & Textiles Today, 1/6/2003 12:00:00 AM
RED BANK, NJ —
At this week's Atlanta Gift Show, high-end down comforter store and wholesale supplier Down to Basics will debut its first product fixture for retailers, as well as a new patented design for comforters.
Joining the Infinite Collections in suite 10A10 on the 10th floor of the Atlanta Merchandise Mart, Down to Basics will premiere its first point-of-sale fixture constructed to both display and store down comforters and pillows. At 20 inches deep, 5 feet long and 7 feet high, the fixture is easy to assemble and is on rollers, so it can be moved around effortlessly. The $20,000 package, which includes the fixture and the merchandise, is available to retailers on consignment.
"It will give the store the maximum exposure of product," said Susan Fowler, owner. "About six different types of comforters and 10 types of pillows can be displayed, so the customer can feel the qualities of all of them. People can feel the difference between a $150 comforter and a $2,000 comforter." In addition, there is room to store eight comforters and 14 pillows.
The company will also show a trademarked tie-down design to keep a down comforter neat and lofty. "The problem with comforters is that they shift and can have a messy look," Fowler said. With the new design, five points within the body of the comforter have tabs to keep the fill in place, and any duvet can be adapted as well to fit in with the tabs so the comforter doesn't shift within the duvet. "It makes the loft really show."
The design is available in its Diagon down comforter product line, which consists of four different qualities and three different weights, with retails ranging from $380 to $2,400 in queen.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...