Orlick out as chairman, ceo at RLG
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 7/20/2001 5:34:00 PM
Cincinnati — Federated Department Stores has announced that the chairman and ceo of its Atlanta-based Rich's/Lazarus/Goldsmith's (RLG) division, Arnold Orlick, has resigned to pursue other interests. Ron Klein, the former chairman of Sterns and the current executive vp of Macy's East, has been appointed chairman and ceo of RLG, effective immediately.
Orlick was named to president of RLG in 1997 and chairman in 1999. Previously, he held various executive and merchandising positions for Bloomingdale's and Robinson's. He began his retail career in 1969 as an executive trainee with Abraham & Straus, a division of Federated that later merged into Macy's East.
"We are appreciative of all that Arnie Orlick has done in his long career with Federated, and most especially for his many accomplishments at RLG over the last four years," said James Zimmerman, Federated's chairman and ceo. "We value his contributions to the company and certainly wish him well in all of his future endeavors."
Klein served as chairman of Stern's from January 1999 until it closed earlier this year. He started his retail career in 1974 with Federated's Bloomingdale's division, beginning as a buyer and progressing to dmm. He moved to Saks Fifth Avenue in 1983, becoming vp/dmm. He returned to Federated in 1985, and over the next nine years he held various merchandising positions of increasing responsibility at Sanger-Harris in Dallas and Foley's in Houston.
In 1994, Klein became senior vp at Federated Merchandising Group, the New York-based merchandising and product development division. He moved to Macy's East as vice chairman and director of stores in February 1998, a position he held until being named chairman at Sterns.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...