AATCC event covers creativity and communication
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 12/23/2004 10:40:00 AM
NEW YORK — AATCC’s Concept 2 Consumer (C2C) symposium, "Creativity 2 Communication," will be held in New York City from April 7-8.
The symposium will be conducted in the Katie Murphy Amphitheatre at the Fashion Institute of Technology, Seventh Avenue at 27th Street .
Targeted to designers, merchandisers, and others involved in product development processes, the event will focus on: color inspiration, trends, and standards development; sampling and the design process, fabric designs, Fabric 101-down stream impact of decisions or changes, creating and sourcing for a brand, engineering quality control, CAD profiling, the basics of color, dyeing, and printing, and designing with the cost of color in mind.
• Inspiration and Trends for Color and Style, Kathryn Gordy-Novakovic, Cotton Incorporated
• Trend Drivers … Influences on Textile Color and Design Directions, Dina Puglisi, Archroma Global Services
• Color Standards Development, Speaker TBA
• Designing with the Cost of Color in Mind, Tom Stutts, Datacolor
• Sampling and the Design Process, Tiffany Eubanks, Tietex International Ltd.
• Virtual Sampling, Jill M. Simmons, Lectra USA Inc.
• Fabric Trends, Sid Estreicher, Liz Claiborne
• Fabric 101, Liz Easter, University of Kentucky
• Engineering QC, Susan Fox Forrester, JCPenney
• Building a Brand, Rod McGeachy, Russell Corp.
• Sourcing for the Brand, Mark Singer, Neo-Concept Corp.
• SizeUSA - The National Sizing Survey, James Lovejoy, [TC]2
• Special Sizes, Speaker TBA
• Textile Surface Design/Trends, Sara Petitt, Fashion Institute of Technology
• Profiling for CAD, Geoffrey Taylor, NedGraphics
• What Does a Designer Need to Know about Screen Printing, Heidi Spivack, Cranston Print Works Co.
• Basics of Color and Dyeing, Martin Bide, University of Rhode Island
A registration fee of $785 ($525 for individual and corporate AATCC members) will include luncheons, breaks, and a copy of all available papers. Refunds will be made if cancellations are received on or before March 30, 2005.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...