Hollander Polls Sleep Preferences
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 7/3/2006 12:00:00 AM
Boca Raton, Fla. — —
Boca Raton, Fla. — Hollander Home Fashions, in its first-ever Pillow Poll, has found widely different sleeping styles between the sexes. While both men and women overwhelmingly report sleeping on their sides, men are more likely than women (21% to 7%) to sleep on their backs and women are more likely than men (27% to 11%) to sleep on their stomachs.
Only 13% of all survey respondents report waking up feeling rested and ready to start the day.
Hollander's answer for fighting morning grogginess: “Stomach sleepers should choose a soft pillow with little elevation, back sleepers should choose a medium pillow with moderate elevation, and side sleepers should choose a firmer pillow with maximum elevation,” said Beth Mack, senior vp of basic bedding.
The survey was conducted for the fashion and basics bedding manufacturer by Livecomfortably.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...