Wal-Mart elevates two in senior management
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 4/25/2003 3:45:00 PM
Bentonville, AR — Wal-Mart today promoted two of its top executives, broadening their responsibilities and, in time-honored Wal-Mart tradition, giving them management experience in new areas of the operation.
Tom Coughlin has been promoted to executive vp and vice chairman of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. for the U.S. and will now oversee all U.S. retail operations, including walmart.com, logistics, real estate development and global procurement. He will continue to oversee discount stores, supercenters and Sam's Clubs, as he did in his previous position as president and ceo of the Wal-Mart Stores division. He will continue to report to Lee Scott, president and ceo, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Also promoted was Mike Duke, now executive vp, president and ceo of the Wal-Mart Stores division. He becomes responsible for merchandising and operations at U.S. discount stores, supercenters and Neighborhood Markets. Previously executive vp of administration reporting to Scott, he will now report to Coughlin.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...