Park B. Smith spearheads Holy Cross fundraising
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 2/10/2006 12:52:00 PM
New York – Already a major contributor to College of the Holy Cross (Worcester, Mass.), Park B. Smith, class of 1954, issued a challenge to alumni during a recent fund-raising drive, Lift High the Cross.
The original goal of the fund raiser was $175 million. Toward the end of the drive it appeared the total would hit $180 million, and at that point the ever-competitive Smith, owner and chairman of Park B. Smith Ltd., challenged the others to bring the total to $190 million – pledging to add $10 million himself to bring the total to an even $200 million.
The challenge worked and Holy Cross ended its drive with $200 million. College president Rev. Michael C. McFarland called Smith “a man who has made an indelible mark on the campus…academic, spiritual and athletic opportunities have been created, thanks to Park’s generosity.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...